Roundtable: Division One Performance Nutrition Teams Discuss Their Top Concerns
January 18, 2022
NSF and a team of Big 10 sports dietitians join Nutritional Outlook to discuss the top concerns when fueling elite athletes.
Elite college athletes face extreme pressures ranging from academics to social and economic status to, above all, athletic performance. A panel of expert dietitians discusses topics including:
- The nutritional needs of elite athletes — what do they want to eat versus what do they need to eat?
- The challenges of creating successful nutrition regimens for the busy lives of college athletes
- What role dietary supplements and functional foods play in the success of these regimens
- Brands approaching athletes with sponsorship opportunities, and navigating that space with the athlete to keep them safe from potentially harmful products
Key Learning Objectives:
- What type of supplements/functional foods are elite athletes looking to consume?
- How can your brand improve products to meet the needs of these elite athletes?
- What are performance nutritionists/dietitians looking for in products to feel safe providing them to athletes?
Who will find this information valuable?
- Supplement and functional food brand manufacturers and ingredient suppliers